Queens Library benefits from ERM system
Queens Library in New York has replaced its service catalog with an enterprise request management (ERM) solution from Kinetic Data. The library, with nearly 1,000 employees serving 2.3 million customers from 62 locations, chose Kinetic Request and Kinetic Task to improve its strained service catalog.
Devi Seerattan, service request systems manager for Queens Library, says, “User discontent was pretty strong. The system was simply crumbling under the strain of trying to support them. We faced a serious cost for customization and, even then, would have settled for a cumbersome process. After looking at Kinetic Data, the decision to make the move was easy.”
As a result of deploying Kinetic Data’s enterprise request management approach to service requests:
- submission times dropped to less than one minute from several hours,
- accuracy increased to 95 percent from 75 percent,
- delivery to the correct support group went from 80 percent to 99 percent,
- fulfillment time decreased from four to five days to less than one day, and
- employee satisfaction grew to 95 percent from 80 percent.
Because of the success of the initial implementation, other departments signed up to get on board with the new system. “Originally it was our IT department that used Kinetic Data,” Seerattan says. “Now it’s implemented in many other departments, including facilities management, logistics, security and maintenance.”
(Image courtesy of ShutterStock.com)