Hitachi Vantara brings Industrial IoT to the production floor
Hitachi Vantara has announced Lumada Manufacturing Insights, a suite of Industrial IoT solutions that empower the manufacturing industry to achieve transformative outcomes from data-driven insights. Using AI, machine learning (ML), and DataOps, Lumada Manufacturing Insights optimizes machine, production, and quality outcomes to set the foundation of digital innovation that is essential to Manufacturing 4.0.
“Data and analytics have the power to modernize and transform manufacturing operations. But for too many manufacturers today, legacy infrastructure and disconnected software and processes slow innovation and impact competitive advantage,” said Brad Surak, chief product and strategy officer at Hitachi Vantara. “With Lumada Manufacturing Insights, customers can lay a foundation for digital innovation that works with the systems and software they have already to operationalize immediate gains in uptime, efficiency and quality and transform for the future.”
Lumada Manufacturing Insights applies data science rigor to drive continuous improvement opportunities based on predictive and prescriptive analytics. The solution is aimed at integrating with existing applications and delivers actionable insights without the need for a rip-and-replace change of costly manufacturing equipment or applications. Lumada Manufacturing Insights supports a variety of deployment options and can run on-premise or in the cloud.
According to the vendor, by providing machine, production, and quality analytics, Lumada Manufacturing Insights drives transformational business outcomes by enabling customers to:
- Build on the intelligent manufacturing maturity model and empower the digital innovation foundation for continuous process improvement.
- Integrate data silos and stranded assets and augment data from video, lidar, and other advanced sensors to drive innovative new use cases for competitive advantage.
- Drive 4M (machine, man, material, and methods) correlations for root-cause analysis at scale.
- Evaluate overall equipment effectiveness and enhancement recommendations based on advanced AI and ML techniques.
- Evaluate scheduling efficiency and optimize for varying workloads, rates of production and work order backlogs.
- Monitor and guide product quality with predictive and prescriptive insights.
- Improve precision of demand forecast and adherence to production plans and output.
Lumada Manufacturing Insights will be available worldwide Sept. 30, 2019. For additional information, visit www.hitachivantara.com/en-us/products/iot-operations-intelligence/lumada-manufacturing-insights.html.