Help for small, midsize law firms
Accola has announced the release of Dutch software provider Epona’s DMS4Legal to the North American legal industry. The companies say DMS4Legal is the first document management system powered by Microsoft SharePoint 2010 to be offered to law firms across the United States. The product was first released in Europe in early 2010.
DMS4Legal is a document management system for the legal industry and was developed in conjunction with lawyers to bring needed functionality to the market. The benefits of DMS4Legal include:
- seamless integration with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Acrobat,
- robust e-mail management,
- easy access to recently used documents,
- search functionality by using Microsoft SharePoint Search or FAST Search Server for SharePoint,
- automated metadata assignment,
- automatic connection for matter files with financial management systems, and
- single view of all client or matter data from all sources.