Looking Ahead at Knowledge Management Trends in 2018
With a new year comes another opportunity to change and grow, find the right tools, and explore data like never before.
Every day, new, important tools and best practices emerge that allow for the rapid discovery and application of knowledge and informant in critical business applications.
KMWorld recently held a webinar featuring Kamran Khan, managing director, Accenture; Gavyn McLeod, product marketing manager, Igloo; and Sean Allen, VP of marketing, Reveille, who discussed the top trends in KM and information discovery.
According to Khan, search, machine learning and AI, and natural language processing will be a big deal in 2018 and beyond.
AI has been around for a long time but for many enterprises seeking to extract more meaning from their data, the future is now, Khan said.
Organizations are demanding natural language understanding from their customer intelligence, manuals and documentation, line-of-business reporting, portal interfaces, and more.
McLeod explained a strategy for a path forward for businesses in 2018 that includes:
- Create a corporate-wide destination for knowledge and collaboration
- Define your governance strategy, objectives, assign accountability
- Make it useful, social, and engaging
- Build the sharing and capture of knowledge part of your workflow
- Capture dialogue in context
- Monitor analytics
- Peer review
- User feedback
- Build a roadmap and implement solutions and insights regularly
Allen said content experience will be the focus of 2018.
An archived on-demand replay of this webinar is available here.