VMware introduces platform to assist remote workers
VMware is releasing the VMware Anywhere Workspace, a solution designed to help companies deliver better and more secure remote experiences.
“Work is what you do, not where you do it. As businesses reimagine where and how teams collaborate and innovate, they must do more than transform. They must reform their mindset to create a digital-first culture that puts employee experience first,” said Sanjay Poonen, chief operating officer, customer operations, VMware. “We developed VMware Anywhere Workspace with this new way of working in mind. It will play an important role in creating stronger, more focused, and more resilient businesses.”
VMware Anywhere Workspace empowers today’s anywhere workforce by removing the friction that can exist between IT systems and employees, according to the vendor. This creates better experiences and broader, more effective security, with less cost and operational overhead.
VMware Anywhere Workspace sets the foundation and a vision for how to enable the future of work. It helps customers:
- Manage multi-modal employee experience anywhere so employees can work smarter and be more productive.
- Secure the distributed edge with broader and more effective security. This lets any user access any app from any device.
- Automate the workspace so that IT is not only more simple, responsive, and efficient, but more modern too.
VMware Anywhere Workspace is brings together the benefits of three innovative solutions:
- VMware Workspace ONE provides unified endpoint management, desktop and app virtualization, and a variety of employee experience, productivity, and security related solutions.
- VMware Carbon Black Cloud brings cloud-native endpoint and workload protection.
- VMware SASE will combine SD-WAN capabilities with cloud-delivered security functions, including cloud web security, zero trust network access, and firewalling. These capabilities will be delivered as-a-service from a global network of points of presence (PoPs).
For more information about this release, visit www.vmware.com.