SDL Enhances Digital Experience Platform
Meeting customers’ increasingly high expectations for digital experiences means that brands need to deliver consistent and relevant engagements across multiple channels, devices, sites and languages. However, the proliferation of content can create a barrier, leading inefficiencies and result in subpar or even broken customer journeys and force organizations into roles of simply fixing day-to-day issues.
To help businesses build and deploy better multi-brand, multilingual websites with low total cost of ownership, SDL today announced a new version of SDL Web, a digital experience solution. The enhanced offering, built from the roots of SDL’s WCM platform, Tridion, now includes SDL’s Experience Optimization, Digital Media Management and Localization capabilities in an integrated platform to help brands go global faster.
“A brand’s success or failure is not determined by its customer experience or digital experience strategy, but rather its ability to execute,” said Dennis van der Veeke, CTO, SDL. “The latest release of SDL Web gives organizations the power to easily build sophisticated multi-brand, multilingual websites to drive better outcomes of their digital marketing ecosystem. As the modern Web environment continues to evolve, SDL Web is enabling organizations to adapt for the future, quickly and easily, while continuing to engage and foster brand loyalty across the globe. SDL Web is sophistication made simple for brands.”
According to SDL, the new offering is designed to help organizations improve the way they manage their digital content and create digital experiences to engage customers in the moment.
The latest release of SDL Web offers key features for both marketing and IT, including the following six:
- Instant Site which allows an organization to launch a new website, product section or campaign in a guided manner without IT involvement.
- Adaptive BluePrinting, which helps organizations promote regional content or campaigns to be used globally or share content across lines of businesses for more brand consistency.
- Unified Authoring and Translation Process, which supports global launches through a content workflow with integrated translation reviews to dramatically reduce turnaround time for multilingual content.
- State-of-the-Art Microservices, which offers a modular approach to system deployment provides easy connectivity to critical frontend and backend systems.
- Topology Manager, which aims to take the headache out of complex server configurations, allowing professionals to centralize the configuration of web delivery environments – both on-premise and in the cloud.
- Enhanced Digital Media, which provides users the ability to leverage a new responsive video player or use their own by streaming content through a new JSON API – all with support for YouTube API v3 as well as high compression WebP and JPEG XR formats.
For more information on SDL Web, visit SDL’s website.
Companies and Suppliers Mentioned