Omdia creates channel-focused market research service
Leading tech research organization Omdia, part of Informa Tech, is introducing the Channel Partner Strategies Intelligence Service, a channel-focused market research product designed to help channel-focused vendors and technology suppliers accelerate growth and gain a deeper understanding of the key trends shaping the tech landscape.
The service will offer a particular focus on the shift in technology consumption due to the evolution of managed services and insights into new and innovative solution providers, according to the company.
The Channel Partner Strategies Intelligence Service comes from the Omdia Channel Research and consulting team led by Devan Adams, principal analyst, and Debbie Kane, principal consultant.
Reports available from the new service will provide technology vendors and suppliers with expert channel research, analysis, and actionable insights into the key market trends, technology innovations, and strategies shaping the evolving channel ecosystem.
The first two major reports, available now, are the “Managed Service Provider (MSP) 501 Survey Insights – 2023” and the “Fastest-Growing Managed Service Providers (MSPs) Survey Insights – 2023.”
“Managed Service Provider (MSP) 501 Survey Insights – 2023” analyzes the results from the industry’s most comprehensive global survey and ranking of MSPs, the Informa Tech Channel Futures MSP 501.
The report provides key insights from the global survey, including insight into revenue-producing services, markets served, technology adoption, managed service offerings, customer segments and M&A. For the first time, the report offers a view into the profitability of the managed services market.
Key insights include:
- Channel resiliency on display: Even with economic headwinds such as employee attrition and inflation, average total revenue growth grew significantly, as MSPs reap the benefits of business customers increasing their co-managed and full outsourcing efforts to lower OPEX.
- Managed services profitability: The report sheds light on the health of the managed services marketplace through an analysis of the profitability data disclosed by this year’s applicants.
“Fastest-Growing Managed Service Providers (MSPs) Survey Insights – 2023” examines data obtained from the NextGen 101, fast-growing businesses on the verge of making the Channel Futures MSP 501 ranking. The report provides market insights from the unique perspective of fast-growing partner businesses that are owned mainly by a younger generation of individuals and which exemplify the future of the channel.
Key insights include:
- Managed security is now fundamental: Managed security was ranked as the top (or near the top) revenue-producing service and growth prospect, as increased threats from hackers, data breaches, and ransomware attacks have made managed security services must-have offerings.
More content as part of the Channel Partner Strategies Intelligence Service will be released later this year. The first “Quarterly Market Outlook Survey Insights” report is scheduled for release by the end of September.
Four additional new analyst reports are expected to publish by the end of this year:
- Event Recap: Channel Futures Leadership + MSP Summit 2023
- Quarterly Market Outlook Survey Insights - 3Q23
- Trends to Watch Report – 2023
- Routes to Market Report – 2023
For more information about this news, visit https://omdia.tech.informa.com.