Managing Office 365 and SharePoint permissions
MetaVis Technologies has announced Security Manager for SharePoint and Office 365, which, MetaVis explains, has been engineered to allow users to analyze and manage security permissions, groups/users and levels across multiple on-premise or hosted SharePoint site collections and farms. The new offering allows administrators to see and manage what a user has access to and who can access specific sites across SharePoint 2010, 2007 or Office 365, including hybrid environments.
Security Manager deploys in just a few minutes, says MetaVis, and takes full advantage of standard SharePoint APIs, eliminating the need for custom server-side controls, SQL Server access or elevated privileges.
MetaVis claims Security Manager makes it possible for users to:
- manage permissions by making it easy for administrators to set up, delete, transfer, duplicate and enforce SharePoint permissions across multiple sites or farms quickly;
- reduce SharePoint administration costs by allowing administrators to quickly administer security and permission policies across sites, folders or lists in bulk;
- simplify SharePoint Management by providing complete control over security permissions even at the item level;
- maintain compliance standards by allowing administrators to compare permission levels to discover potential compliance problems and address them immediately; and
- improve SharePoint visibility with detailed reports focused on security.
Built on MetaVis Information Architecture Platform, Security Manager operates seamlessly with the MetaVis family of products for SharePoint migration, design, change management and classification. Security Manager supports SharePoint 2010, 2007, BPOS and Office 365.
A free trial download will be available on Aug. 11.