Hitachi Vantara introduces Lumada Video Insights
Hitachi Vantara has introduced Lumada Video Insights, an intelligent suite of applications to deliver operational safety and BI using IoT, video, AI, and analytics.
Lumada Video Insights complements and extends Hitachi’s Lumada platform and services ecosystem with expanded AI, computer vision, advanced analytics, data integration and orchestration capabilities to help enterprise and industrial customers accelerate their IoT and cultivate their own "smart spaces" and ecosystems.
According to MIT, " 'Smart spaces' are ordinary environments equipped with visual and audio sensing systems that can perceive and react to people without requiring them to wear any special equipment."
Combining the capabilities to collect, store, manage, and analyze video data, Hitachi says, Lumada Video Insights delivers valuable analysis and alerts to help organizations be more efficient and secure.
Advances in computer vision and machine learning have enabled video to be a rich source of insights that provide operational and CX intelligence, as well as real time-situational awareness and alerts, enabling swift, effective and proactive responses to incidents, emergencies and customer issues. With Lumada Video Insights, the company says, customers can gather data insights to improve planning and identify opportunities for cost and waste reductions as well as factors to improve operational excellence.
Key features of Lumada Video Insights include:
- IoT, video and historical data can be visualized geospatially and graphically in a single-pane-of-glass view;
- Video Analytics turns existing or new video data into a wealth of insights and real-time alerts thorough AI analysis;
- Video data storage and management solutions that ensure high volumes and rapid speed of foundational data is available, complete and fault-tolerant while simplifying the complexity of data management;
- Smart edge devices and video intelligence platforms gather data and insights from anywhere;
- Mine publicly available data from social media or the deep web for open source intelligence and awareness of brand-related conversations in target areas;
- Enables data-driven decision-making about safety, operations, and customer experience.
According to Brad Surak, chief product and strategy officer at Hitachi Vantaram, innovation in smart spaces is a focus area for Hitachi Vantara as it continues to see a demand to use new and diverse sources of data blended with more traditional data to gain rich insights.
“With Lumada Video Insights, we are excited to expand our work with public and private organizations to transform how retail, government and transportation use data-driven intelligence to innovate and achieve greater outcomes, Surak added.
Lumada Video Insights solutions are available for customers today, with global general availability for most of the portfolio, and limited availability for edge devices in some countries.
More information is available at www.hitachivantara.com/en-us/products/iot-operations-intelligence.lumada-video-insights.html.