Digital Guardian expands enterprise data protection platform to better secure new hybrid workforce
Digital Guardian, a provider of software for data loss prevention (DLP) and managed detection and response (MDR), has made enhancements to its endpoint DLP visibility and security controls to secure a hybrid work model. “According to a recent Gallup poll, seven in 10 U.S. white-collar workers are still working remotely and many organizations have turned to secure access service edge (SASE) to secure those employees, despite some clear gaps in those solutions,” said Mordecai Rosen, Digital Guardian CEO.
According to Digital Guardian, its endpoint DLP enhancements bridge SASE gaps in a number of ways.
The enhancements provide visibility and control of sensitive data for the broadest range of endpoint operating systems, browsers, and applications, regardless of whether they are on the corporate network or at home. This includes:
- Digital Guardian Endpoint Web Inspection Proxy (WIP) Support Across All Browsers: Consistent, browser-independent enforcement and point for web inspection across Windows, Mac, and Linux endpoints and compatible with millions of websites worldwide.
- Collaboration Apps Support: Extends coverage to both corporate and personal collaboration desktop applications Microsoft Teams, Skype, Slack, and Zoom to block users from sharing sensitive information in files and chat – or warn them, require a justification, or just log attempts to do so.
- Apple Big Sur Support: Support for the latest version of macOS including implementation of the new Apple Endpoint Security API.
Consistent policy enforcement at the endpoint is enabled by:
- Microsoft Information Protection (MIP) Integration: Comprehensive support for governing the usage of MIP classified and MIP protected information with automatic propagation of MIP rules into existing Digital Guardian DLP policies. The ability to proactively set and correct MIP labels is also coming in Q4 2021.
- Amazon Macie Integration, S3 Coverage and Workspaces Compatibility: Pull Amazon Macie findings into the Digital Guardian Analytics and Reporting Cloud (ARC) to provide a unified view of sensitive data from the endpoint to the cloud.
- Insider Threat Workspace: Provides a holistic view of user behavior across all monitored applications and data classifications to understand risks originating on an endpoint device.
In addition, the company says the enhancements support a wide variety of remote work environments, including real-time risk intelligence and controls as well as executive visibility into endpoint risk.
To learn more, visit https://digitalguardian.com.