Another leap for knowledge
Entopia has begun shipping Quantum Version 1.4, the newest release of its KM software, which is claimed to be more tightly integrated with daily business processes and business applications such as e-mail, content management and workflow.
The company says new features include content and expertise search functionality, document versioning and the ability to integrate both structured and unstructured data into the knowledgebase, as well as a significantly enhanced user interface.
Working in conjunction with other enterprise applications and business processes, Entopia says Quantum offers a “bottom-up” KM solution that focuses on full-cycle knowledge creation and sharing that is said to provide individuals, workgroups and the enterprise with effective tools.
New features of Quantum 1.4 include:
- new user interface,
- enhanced search functionality,
- version control and history,
- ability to integrate structured information,
- enhanced e-mail collaboration,
- support for Lotus Notes,
- Microsoft Outlook task management,
- Microsoft Office integration,
- user management integration, and
- data migration.