ABBYY launches global initiative promoting the development of trustworthy AI
ABBYY has launched a global initiative to promote the development of trustworthy AI. According to ABBYY, as AI becomes ubiquitous across consumer and enterprise high-value and large-scale uses and more open source tools become available for digitizing data, the ethical use of accessing and training data is imperative.
Gartner estimates that by 2025,30% of large enterprise and government contracts for the purchase of digital products and services that incorporate AI will require the use of explainable and ethical AI.
“Innovation and ethics go hand in hand. As the use of AI proliferates, it is important for technology leaders to adhere to and promote the utilization of technologies that are transparent, fair, unbiased and respect data privacy,” commented Anthony Macciola, chief innovation officer at ABBYY. “By adhering to high standards with regards to the performance, transparency and accuracy of our products, we are able to deliver solutions that have a tremendous impact for our customers.”
ABBYY's solutions leverage AI technologies including machine learning, natural language processing, neural networks, and optical character recognition to transform data, affirmed its commitment to the following principles and advocates for other leading technology organizations to also commit to trustworthy AI standards:
- Incorporating a privacy-by-design principle as an integral part of its software development processes
- Protecting confidential customer and partner data
- Developing AI technologies that meet or exceed industry standards for performance, accuracy and security
- Empowering customers and partners to successfully implement digital transformation in their organizations by delivering solutions that provide a greater understanding of content and processes
- Providing visibility into the performance characteristics and metrics of its technologies, as well as providing opportunities for product feedback
- Delivering AI technologies that are socially and economically beneficial
- Fostering a culture that promotes the ethical use of AI and its social utility
“AI has the power to yield significant social and economic benefit,” said Macciola. “With ethics in mind, we have the ability to transform the future in a manner that promotes innovation, accelerates technological advancements, and augments human intelligence, creativity and capabilities responsibly.”
To view ABBYY’s guiding principles and approach to adhering to and advocating for trustworthy AI principles, go to www.abbyy.com/company/trustworthy-ai-policy.
To learn more about ABBYY’s suite of Digital Intelligence solutions, visit www.abbyy.com/en-us.