HID and iPassport partner to create an identity verification solution for the transportation sector
HID, a worldwide provider of trusted identity and physical security solutions, and iPassport, a provider of solutions that enable organizations to implement digital identity technologies, are collaborating on a new identity verification solution for the transportation industry.
Navigating through the airport requires a sequence of touchpoints and processes—from check-in to baggage drop, security checkpoint, all the way to retail/duty-free shopping, lounge access and boarding.
Airlines need reliable and swift identity verification to provide passengers with a secure, seamless journey that’s long overdue, according to the vendors.
“Today, moving through an airport securely requires an ongoing and seamless identity verification system that not only enhances the passenger experience, but also optimizes efficiencies for everyone. HID is excited to collaborate with iPassport to bring this new solution to market,” said Vito Fabbrizio, managing director of biometrics, extended access technologies at HID.
With HID’s modular approach, airlines and airport operators are now able to add identity verification capabilities quickly and easily to existing systems without having to “rip-and-replace" or perform expensive migrations to a new platform altogether, according to the vendors.
This modular solution includes the following components:
- Facial recognition camera hardware
- Fingerprint, id document, and ticket readers
- Software Development Kits (SDKs)
- ID proofing and biometric server
- Device management
- Biometric professional services
Use of facial recognition technology throughout the airport will depend on the passenger’s prior consent during booking or check-in.
Additionally, the biometric information is only stored and used during the time the passenger is in transit within the airport to help address compliance with applicable with data privacy laws.
Beyond airlines and airports, other segments of the travel industry, such as cruise ships and hospitality, can also benefit from:
- Ethically trained and built AI to eliminate matching bias
- Industry-leading presentation attack detection (PAD) to thwart spoof attempts
- Superior performance amid challenging lighting
- Automatic face detection, capture and image quality checks—even when wearing masks
- On-device biometric processing with endpoint security for maximum protection
For more information about this, visit www.hidglobal.com.