Workflow enriches DAM
ClearStory Systems has announced ActiveMedia with Workflow Automation. The new offering is said to extend the capabilities of the ActiveMedia DAM solution by managing digital media projects, creative workflow, review and approval, as well as to automate system events, asset management functions and e-mail notification.
The company adds that ActiveMedia Workflow extends to users outside the system, such as legal teams approving projects and printers who require automatic asset delivery upon completion. The software further extends to Web content management and other enterprise applications. ActiveMedia Workflow is designed to simplify digital media management from initial ingestion to cataloging, renditioning to final document assembly and delivery. The solution provides for multi-layered approvals along the way--all with easy-to-define project templates that establish processes and apply specific rules, says ClearStory.
The company highlights other key features of ActiveMedia Workflow, such as:
- creation of multi-step workflows with project templates;
- full project management capabilities, including task scheduling;
- grouping assets into projects, assigning roles and responsibilities;
- tracking schedules and monitoring against milestones;
- auditing and tracking of project status and history across all running and completed projects;
- automated management of date-sensitive projects;
- step-by-step security within a workflow, based on asset state and metadata settings; and
- integration of digital media into broad enterprise workflows, such as Web publishing.