DM and workflow on demand
SpringCM has released Version 3.9, the latest version of its on-demand document management and workflow solution, which is said to extend the company's mission to deliver affordable, comprehensive content management functionality.
New features include:
- enhanced user experience--updates to the tool bar and menu bar, as well as refinements to the advanced search and browse document functions;
- improved security--creation of a new administration hierarchy that improves access while retaining control, as well as the ability to create two types of groups that classify users by whether they have access to, or only distribution rights to, specific types of documents;
- file and directory permissions--a SpringCM user with rights to set access on a document or folder now can control exactly who has access to an item with a simpler and more intuitive process;
- advanced workflow (Beta)--the next release of SpringCM (Version 4.0) will have the production release of process automation capabilities such as the ability to include automating daily business operations such as accounts payable, contract management and new-hire processing; and
- Salesforce.com integration--Salesforce.com objects such as cases, campaigns and custom objects can be set to have related SpringCM folders and views in Salesforce; advanced reporting allows users to define which Salesforce fields they wish to associate with a SpringCM document and metadata reports.