Knowledge and AI Augmentation: The Essential Complement to Agent Training in the Modern Contact Center
The answer lies in a modern knowledge management (KM) system, infused with AI, that can guide agents (and customers in the case of self-service) to the answer needle in a haystack of content and through customer conversations. Modern AI-infused KM also addresses all the other issues mentioned earlier: explosion of and constant changes to information, increasing query complexity, next-gen attention span, “all-gen” forgetting curve, “guided” lifestyle, and legacy customer service and knowledge tools. Besides process guidance with next best steps that reflect regulatory compliance and organizational best practices, modern KM systems also excel in findability, knowledge federation, personalization, omnichannel delivery, and proactive engagement. Moreover, modern agent desktops offer easy, push-button access to such guidance.
Here are some real-life examples in which knowledge and AI-enabled guidance delivered breakthrough results:
- Telco giant achieved 30% improvement in NPS (Net Promoter Score), 23% improvement in FCR (First-Contact Resolution), and 100% improvement in agent speed-to-competency across 10,000 contact center agents and over 600 retail stores, while enabling any agent to handle any call
- Multinational bank reduced agent training time by 50%, agent churn to <1%, and unnecessary service processes by 50%, while elevating NPS from #3 to #1, and enabling any agent to handle any call
- Global bank reduced training time by 60%, improved FCR by 36%, and NPS by 10 points
- Leading telco reduced unwarranted handset exchanges and returns by 38% through better resolution of customer issues by contact center agents and on the website
- Leading manufacturing company deflected 33% of calls to guided customer self-service
All these clients had significant agent training programs but also thought that in-band search and process guidance for agents and customer self-service systems would be a great complement to training. They were more than right—the proof was in the results pudding, which was nothing short of transformational!