KM one, KM all
KMWorld 2001 is set for Oct. 30 to Nov. 1--less than two months away, so it’s time to start making plans for Santa Clara.
Those who attended last year can look forward to the same sort of compelling captivating conference program, and the exhibitors on the show floor are at the head of the KM class and have made a deep commitment to harvesting and harnessing the full knowledge assets of an organization.
Program chair Jane Dysart of Dysart Jones Associates has lined up four engaging keynote speakers: Carla O’Dell, of the American Productivity and Quality Center, will discuss successful KM implementation; Dave Snowden, who is the European Director of the Institute for Knowledge Management at IBM Global Services, will address the value of corporate innovation and how organizations can achieve it; Verna Allee, president and founder of Integral Performance Group, talks about how to create value in the knowledge economy; and Andy Michaud, CEO of Sopheon, addresses the future of knowledge management.
Five tracks have been organized for the conference
- Track A: KM Strategies Processes and Models--the future of knowledge management and the integration of an organization’s business and processes.;
- Track B: KM Tools and Technology--the solutions available to us today and what’s available on, and just over, the horizon.;
- Track C: KM and Content Management--the successful coordination of people, content and processes.;
- Track D: Culture and KM--what organizations need to do to create a thriving knowledge environment.;
- Track E: eBusiness and KM--achieving the promise of electronic business through sound knowledge management strategies.;
Sixteen half-day workshops are scheduled for Monday, Oct. 29, a day before the full conference program kicks off. They cover topics ranging from corporate storytelling (headed by Dave Snowden), strategies for building a corporate portal, to XML and knowledge management, to knowledge management in the defense industry.
Also at the show, we’ll present the first annual KMWorld Awards--KM Reality and KM Promise. We’ll acknowledge one organization for which knowledge management is a positive reality and another that delivers the promise of KM to its customers.
Check out the full KMWorld 2001 program online at kmworld program online; to register go to kmworldregistration . For more information, call 800-300-9868 or 609-654-6266