Enhanced mobile management from Accellion
Accellion has significantly upgraded its solutions for mobile management and device control. The company reports it now provides IT and security organizations with selective remote wipe, whitelisted mobile apps and even IT administrative controls.
The new remote wipe capabilities give administrators device-level management not previously offered by a mobile productivity solution, to further ensure the security of an organization’s data. If a device is lost or stolen, the Accellion remote wipe feature only targets business data held in the encrypted Accellion file container; employees who have their mobile content wiped will not lose any personal information, or have their device reset to factory settings. Additionally, if an employee leaves the company an IT admin can wipe data at the individual level, which is essential if the user shared a machine with other employees.
Other new features include:
- whitelisting apps—can whitelist specific apps employees can use to open their documents on mobile devices, ensuring that sensitive business content is not replicated or stored in unmanaged cloud apps;
- customizable user profiles—IT admins can customize collaboration and file transfer capabilities for individual users and groups of users depending on business requirements;
- native anti-virus integration—organizations can choose to run all data through Accellion’s anti-virus scanning so that malware is blocked from entering the network or mobile device;
- Multi-LDAP support—enables enterprises to simultaneously connect to numerous LDAP servers for user authentication;
- DLP integration—Accellion integrates with a number of DLP solutions via the ICAP protocol; and
- FIPS 140-2—providing the highest level of government-grade security software certification.
Accellion adds it provides a number of other offerings to secure an organization’s data, such as auditable reports, single sign-on capabilities through SAML and Kerberos, and the ability to configure multisite deployments spanning public, private and hybrid cloud platforms.