Web content management: the power of the Joomla community
With a reported 2.7 percent of the Web running on the open source Joomla platform, its community placed a large emphasis on making the CMS installation process as simple as possible its the latest version, 1.7.
One-click version updating--Update a site to the latest stable Joomla release with a single click.
Six-month release cycle--A shorter development cycle will enhance Joomla’s stability by providing more core feature development and adoption.
Multilanguage improvements--Administrators can associate menu items in different languages for faster navigation, and language packs can now be built to automatically select the best font for that language for the administrative back end. The community also highlights the following capabilities:
- ability to create a search menu option to generate a menu item that pre-fills out the search fields so users can have a built-in search for a specific phrase,
- better example code for different plug-in types,
- ability to automatically validate form data against a list of options during the save operation,
- “submit article form” automatically sets the article category, and
- batch processing (copy and move) of articles is now available in the same way as it is for categories and menu items.