Upgraded AvePoint Online Services for Office 365
AvePoint has launched a new version of AvePoint Online Services, which the company says is the only 100 percent Microsoft Azure-based software-as-a-service (SaaS) platform for Office 365.
AvePoint reports it has updated the entire Online Services platform and added new features for DocAve Governance Automation Online. Among the new features in AvePoint Online Services are:
- single sign on: users can now sign in using their Office 365 login credentials—with identities managed through Azure AD—for simplified and secure access with Multifactor Authentication (MFA) and geo-fencing capabilities; and
- scale storage for Office 365 reporting: new SQL Azure Database support allows easy implementation of additional cloud storage to extend reporting capacity according to business needs.
AvePoint highlights the following new capabilities in DocAve Governance Automation Online:
- access site information and make service requests: the Site Information Card add-in allows users to gain insight into site ownership, purpose and associated metadata while making requests for provisioning and moving content—as well as life cycle and permissions management— directly within the SharePoint Online interface;
- easily track service requests—through DocAve Governance Automation Online add-in, users can track the status of open tasks and submitted requests from within SharePoint Online; and
- deploy sites with custom templates to the cloud: by integrating with DocAve Deployment Manager, administrators can enable users to request provisioned sites with custom templates based on specific business needs to be automatically deployed to Office 365 environments.