Updated secure mobile file sharing from Accellion
Accellion has announced updates designed to provide users and IT administrators with added security controls to protect corporate data and ensure compliance. The company reports enhancements have been made throughout the Accellion Mobile File Sharing solution, and the most significant new features can be experienced in the Accellion Mobile Apps and Accellion’s Microsoft Productivity Suite.
The new capabilities of Accellion Mobile Apps include:
- application whitelisting—organizational control over which external editors and viewers users can utilize to open files;
- secure workspaces—upload file attachments from e-mails to streamline workflow, allowing stakeholders to review, comment, update, synchronize, share and send files;
- iOS 6 and iPhone 5 support;
- an Outlook plugin—secure file sharing up to 2G per file (IT can configure the plugin so users can dictate file access permissions and establish file expiration dates);
- a Lync plugin—secure file sharing with instant messaging, VoIP, video conferencing or desktop; and
- single sign-on support.