Unified in-place governance from Sonian
Sonian has announced DiscoverStor, a unified information management platform for on-premise and cloud-based data management, compliance and information discovery. The company says the new offering enables legal, IT, audit and line of business users in small- to medium-sized organizations to search, analyze and manage the storage of millions of documents in hundreds of different formats.
DiscoverStor is being developed as an affordable solution for information management and discovery of both on-premises and cloud data for enterprises and small- to medium-sized companies involved in regular investigations. It is designed to help them conduct early case assessments, while reducing their expenses for legal process outsourcing and outside counsel and eliminating the need for more robust and costly standalone solutions for information governance, archiving and discovery.
Additional features include:
- tools to automate the identification, collection and presentation of relevant data;
- comingled search across e-mail, attachments and files producing accurate results in seconds and hastening regulatory response;
- policy creation for defensible deletion, flexible retention and complex legal holds, and automated policy-driven workflows to expedite processes;
- comprehensive reports on activity by user, date, action and other parameters, as well as full audit trail visibility; and
- documents, discussions and data no longer actively being used can be migrated from DiscoverStor to deep storage, reducing data storage expense.