SharePoint in the cloud
SpringCM has released the newest version of its Cloud Connector for SharePoint. With SpringCM’s Cloud-based ECM Platform, the SpringCM Cloud Connector for SharePoint enables organizations to extend and enhance Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 and the upcoming release of Microsoft SharePoint Server 2010 portals and collaboration spaces with content management functionality for applications both inside and outside their firewall.
The SpringCM Cloud Connector for SharePoint is said to provide robust integration with SharePoint products and technologies, whether hosted or installed on premise, and more than 20 ECM capabilities spanning imaging, OCR, enterprise-class document management, workflow, view and markup, fax and e-mail management, e-signature, records management and more, all available in a SaaS model. Capabilities include the ability to:
- perform single sign-on and integrated security to simplify administration and ensure that content is managed with consistent security across processes;
- browse and search SpringCM accounts and folder structures from within SharePoint Server 2010 and SharePoint Server 2007;
- view documents and edit SpringCM metadata from SharePoint Server 2010 and SharePoint Server 2007, thereby allowing casual users to participate in sophisticated document processes;
- edit documents stored in SpringCM using the Client integration capabilities of SharePoint Server 2010 and SharePoint Server 2007, enabling easy document revision control with full audit trails;
- use SpringCM-based workflows to pull from or insert documents into SharePoint Server 2010 and SharePoint Server 2007 libraries, enabling automated movement of documents between the two systems for records management, publishing and other processes; and
- set SharePoint Server 2010 and SharePoint Server 2007 tasks based on SpringCM workflows, enabling one consolidated employee task list in SharePoint products that spans both collaborative and structured document processes.