SharePoint governance public beta from MetaVis
MetaVis Technologies has developed Informant for SharePoint, agentless software designed to analyze content, identify sensitive information and enforce compliance standards or governance policies in the file system, SharePoint or Office 365. Companies interested in Informant for SharePoint can download a free public trial to analyze their content and automate policy-driven actions.
The company says MetaVis Informant allows companies to:
- rapidly analyze content across multiple sources and identify sensitive information, such as PII, PHI and other privacy data, inside the actual files through advanced crawling and sophisticated text analytics;
- create detailed content reports, including the ability to flag objects outside of a policy for future actions;
- enforce industry compliance standards, protect sensitive information and manage risk through policy-driven actions in SharePoint, Office 365 and the file system;
- set desired permissions or lock-down objects, such as sites, lists and libraries, folders and items that are outside of policy across multiple content sources;
- copy, move, delete, modify permissions, auto-tag, archive, back up, and set field values based on analysis and compliance policy reports;
- preserve content in accordance with compliance and company retention policies through intelligent auto-classification; and
- load balance across all front-end Web servers for efficient resource utilization.