SearchStax Releases Cloud Solr Service on the Google Cloud Platform
SearchStax is releasing SearchStax Cloud Solr Service on Google Cloud Platform, making it easier for developers and companies to deploy Apache Solar in Google Cloud Platforms.
SearchStax announced its partnership with Google in August, and its engineering team has been working the last few months building and extending support for Google Cloud Platform within the Search Cloud Automation framework.
Today, SearchStax Cloud Solr Service is available in 11 regions across the world including:
- US West (Oregon)
- US East (N. Virginia)
- US East (South Carolina)
- US West (California)
- EU (London)
- EU (Frankfurt)
- Asia Pacific (Sydney)
- Asia Pacific (Tokyo)
- Asia Pacific (Singapore)
- Asia Pacific (Mumbai)
- South America (Sao Paulo)
SearchStax has dedicated node and dedicated clusters available for Google Cloud Platform. Dedicated Nodes are great for development, prototyping, and QA environments, whereas Dedicated Clusters are good for Production workloads.
Users create an account with SearchStax, enter the name of their deployment, choose Google Cloud Platform as the Cloud Provider; select the region nearest to the application servers and select the deployment and Solr version to deploy.
This first release provides the following features:
- Deploy a single node or a dedicated cluster in an of the available 11 regions across Americas, EU and Asia Pacific.
- Apache Solr version support : 5.x, 6.x, 7.x
- On-Demand and Scheduled Backups that are stored in Google Cloud Storage
- Log Access, Load Balancers, Apache Solr logs
- Monitoring And Alerting: At par with all other Cloud Providers
- Security: IP Whitelisting, HTTP Basic Authentication Support
- Third Party Integrations: New Relic
- SearchStax Analytics
For more information about this news, visit www.searchstax.com.