SRM gets smarter
In a move to address the growing service resolution management (SRM) market, Kanisa and ServiceWare have signed a definitive agreement to merge in an all-stock transaction. The new name of the combined company has not yet been determined.
ServiceWare is known for its KM systems designed to improve customer service and help desk operations. Company highlights include:
- more than 120 customers and a successful channel relationship with HP;
- a well-respected knowledgebase system for customer support and enterprise service desks;
- a broad suite of adaptive knowledge-powered solutions that allow multiple audiences--customers, employees and partners--to capture and access knowledge; and
- The Cognitive Processor, a patented self-learning, self-organizing knowledge management technology.
Kanisa is well respected for its SRM technology. Its business and product highlights include:
- the highest ranking solution in Web self-service, according to Gartner;
- a strong natural language processing search engine;
- an integrated suite of collaborative support applications for agent-assisted service, self-service and peer-service communities; and
- the Resolution Flow business process engine that integrates all applications to guide users through the optimal resolution process.