Really easy RSS
NewsGator Technologies has released Version 1.3 of its NewsGator Enterprise Server (NGES), its enterprise RSS aggregation and distribution platform.
NGES sits behind the firewall and provides organizations with a complete and flexible platform for finding, distributing and sharing relevant RSS feeds across groups and organizations. NGES allows employees to access internal and external RSS feeds within Microsoft Outlook, mobile devices, corporate portals and the Web without having to download any client-side software.
NewsGator Enterprise Server 1.3 includes the following new capabilities:
Knowledge management and relevancy
- SharePoint Team Portal integration;
- group clippings--allow a member of an internal team or group to take important items, add a comment and drop them into a folder, which is then turned into an RSS feed to which others can subscribe;
- refined article and feed searching--users can customize searches for only internally generated/published content (vs. all content indexed internally) and define SmartFeeds (keyword searches) in the same way;
- feed creation from e-mail; and
- improved user interface.
- directory servers--read and manage groups from multiple directory servers;
- proxy scripting--dynamically determine proxy information and multiple URLs as internal (and not to be accessed through proxy); and
- taxonomy management--add and delete categories to the taxonomy (categories of feeds) and feeds to categories through the user interface and also add secure feeds (which subscribers can access by entering credentials).
- localization--allows organizations to customize the software for foreign languages.