Raising the bar for digital asset management
OpenText has launched Media Management 7.2, which is designed for entertainment and media organizations to securely streamline their digital media creation, publishing and distribution processes. The company also announced OpenText Portal for Media Management, an add-on feature that allows customers to create branded, customized, Web-based and mobile portals for users who need to view and consume content within the OpenText Media Management asset repository without being professional media editors.
OpenText reports Media Management 7.2 capabilities and features include:
- embedded OpenText Managed File Transfer allows users to send and receive files up to 80 times faster than traditional methods, according to the company, providing users with file encryption for added security to protect valuable media assets;
- digital marketing and collaboration capabilities bridge creative production centers, operational execution and distribution areas;
- a workflow engine to increase efficiencies by automating repetitive tasks and providing task assignment, task status updates and notifications;
- a central repository reduces the risk of inconsistent branding and loss of intellectual property, as it enables personnel to manage, organize, search, audit and track and report on all digital assets;
- a connector to Adobe Drive provides Media Management integration with Adobe Creative Suite 6 (CS6), enabling users to perform asset management functions without switching applications; and
- compatibility with OpenText’s Customer Experience Management suite.
The optional OpenText Portal for Media Management add-on allows individuals inside or outside the firewall to view, search, browse and download digital assets from a customizable, Web-based browser.