Paragon Software now supports new Linux Kernel 5.2
Paragon Software, a file systems and storage management expert, is releasing the updated Microsoft exFAT by Paragon Software driver with rapid and transparent read and write access to exFAT volumes from Linux.
Paragon’s proprietary exFAT technology is available for implementation into Linux, Android, and other embedded operating systems, and real time operating systems like QNX and Integrity.
Paragon’s exFAT is officially covered by Microsoft patent rights and is available for direct implementation to OEMs, ODMs, and independent software vendors for integration into devices and antivirus, forensic and data recovery solutions without the need to obtain Microsoft licensing.
The proprietary technology is provided with full technical support and can be customized to any specific requirements.
The Android/Linux exFAT driver comes with additional tools including:
- "mkexfat" exFAT formatting tool.
- "chkexat" exFAT file system check/repair tool whose repair efficiency is comparable to native Windows CHKDSK.
- fsutil - a partial analogue of the Windows “fsutil”, it allows you to obtain information about the volume and manage special attributes of files.
- Integration package for Android OEMs for quick integration of Paragon’s driver and utilities into the assembly of the Android image, as a result enabling auto-mounting and formatting of SD cards >32 GB in exFAT in accordance with the requirements of the SD Association. The package is fully updated with the new Android versions releases.
Paragon exFAT driver is based on the company’s proprietary File System Link (formerly, UFSD) cross-platform technology that enables any device to communicate and gain access to storage media regardless of file system type.
Paragon Software’s portal hosts a comprehensive line of essential tools for users of multiple devices on Android, Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux who seek to solve incompatibility issues.
Paragon File System Link is already available to automotive OEMs and Tier-1 suppliers for integration with SoCs running automotive OSs, including Android, Linux, Integrity, and QNX.
Paragon File System Link offers these key benefits:
- Data safety and integrity
- Stable operation and fault tolerance
- Reliable performance over a wide range of applications
- Minimal resource footprint
- Consistent user experience
For more information about this news, visit www.paragon-software.com.