Open source social computing
Alfresco Software has introduced its Social Computing Platform, which integrates Alfresco’s ECM software with Web 2.0 tools and services such as Facebook, iGoogle, Adobe Flex, MediaWiki, TypePad and WordPress.
Alfresco's Social Computing Platform includes:
- knowledge spaces, calendars, discussions, Wikis, presence (Skype and Yahoo), social tagging and richer social networking information for users;
- out-of-the-box integration of best of breed open source Web 2.0 tools and services such as Facebook, iGoogle and MediaWiki, WordPress, TypePad, RSS readers and e-mail;
- out-of-the-box content publishing to multiple channels including Web sites, Facebook, WordPress and TypePad;
- creation of new rich Internet application (RIA) mashup applications through the Adobe Flex SDK, integrating front office and back office through content services;
- Web-oriented architecture with simple, lightweight scripting using internet standard application programming interfaces (APIs); and
- choice of operating systems, databases, application servers, portals, content creation tools, collaboration and social networking tools.