New enterprise collaboration solution from Interactive Intelligence
The Interactive Intelligence Group has launched PureCloud Directory, a new cloud-based enterprise collaboration service delivered from its PureCloud platform.
The first in a series of cloud services to be delivered from the PureCloud platform, PureCloud Directory is said to increase productivity and enhance collaboration by enabling employees to quickly find, connect and communicate with the right person with the right set of skills at the right time.
Interactive Intelligence highlights the following capabilities:
- find the right person—employee information such as title, skills, certifications, interests and location reduces search time;
- connect and collaborate in real time—“one-click” employee contact options for e-mail and IM speed responses to individuals or groups, along with the ability to transfer and share documents and files by attaching to chat sessions;
- data system integration and synchronization—integration with Active Directory, HR systems, CRM systems and others keeps employee information in synch for increased information accuracy and simplified management and administration; and
- mobile device access—support for smart phones and tablets gives employees anytime, anywhere access for improved responsiveness.
Interactive Intelligence describes the PureCloud platform as a secure, cloud-based repository that provides the following features:
- user management—stores comprehensive and extensible information about all users, roles, permissions, contact information and more;
- single sign-on—users log into a single site to access all PureCloud services;
- group management—allows dynamic group definitions based on org chart, skills, office location, language and other attributes; and
- REST API—the PureCloud platform exposes a comprehensive application programming interface that enables users to access the functionality of all services from Web or mobile applications.