New compliance tools from AvePoint
AvePoint has introduced significant upgrades to its compliance product line, Compliance Guardian Service Pack (SP) 3 and Compliance Guardian Online SP 2. The company reports Compliance Guardian mitigates privacy, security and compliance risks across information gateways with a comprehensive risk management process allowing organizations to document policies, implement and measure them, and demonstrate conformance.
New features in SP 3 include:
- extended support for social—discover data and perform compliance scans in Yammer sites, apps or Yammer Web parts while connected to Compliance Guardian, in addition to scanning Yammer messages posted from Yammer sites or apps, deleting messages or sending alerts to stakeholders if any issue is detected;
- new support for structured databases—scan Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle databases, and generate reports for stakeholders to view; and
- new support for instant messaging—archive Microsoft Lync conversations, search for specific content from archived conversations, export conversations to third-party records management systems for further legal review and scan archived conversations to address privacy and information security violations.
Compliance Guardian Online, part of AvePoint Online Services, which is used by nearly 2 million Office 365 users, ensures that Web applications, websites and cloud platforms offer content and information securely to minimize risk of privacy violations, malicious threats or unintended data leakage. New features in Compliance Guardian Online SP 2 include:
- SharePoint Online scanning—tag content with embedded or system metadata, and take corrective action to risk-defined content in bulk based on tagging, gain a holistic overview of the content classification and action results in executive dashboards, and enhance incident tracking and management with Quarantine Manager, Encryption Manager and Redaction Manager, ensuring discovered incidents are reviewed, tracked and acted on in accordance with information governance policies;
- website scanning—search Web pages for errors and add informational indicators to quickly locate content violations, specify individual compliance rules for single Web pages, scan all Web pages in bulk and create authentication profiles so users can easily set up forms authentication; and
- added customization support.