Mobile security from Accellion and Symantec
Accellion has released the kiteworks for Symantec mobile app for Android. The app is integrated to specifically work with the Symantec Sealed Program, which wraps a security and policy management layer around any device.
Accellion explains the kiteworks for Symantec app allows users to:
- encrypt mobile data with certified FIPS 140-2 algorithm;
- create policies that enable greater content control, such as restricting the ability to cut and paste text, helping to ensure the security of confidential data;
- manage user authentication, re-authentication and single sign-on within a secure workspace;
- enable local data storage policy control;
- selectively revoke app level access within the container, and selectively wipe in-container content while keeping other data on the device intact; and
- set open-in policies to whitelist applications.
Accellion says kiteworks has been designed to enable people to work securely on enterprise content, wherever. With a multitier architecture and secure mobile container, it helps ensure that sensitive content can be viewed, shared and accessed from any device, without introducing data security risks. Further, the kiteworks mobile content platform includes REST APIs and mobile SDKs to transform business processes by enabling the creation of custom enterprise mobile applications for every device.
The kiteworks for Symantec Android app is now available in the Google Play Store. The iOS version of the app will be released later this year, says Accellion.