Micro-messaging goes live
Traction Software has introduced Live Blog micro-messaging for TeamPage 4.0. The new offering enables users to write brief notes from wherever they are and share them instantly over Traction's TeamPage enterprise wiki platform. Traction claims TeamPage 4.0 is the first Enterprise 2.0 suite to incorporate micro-messaging technology that's been made popular by Web services such as Twitter and Pownce.
Traction's new Live Blog technology allows enterprise users to:
- share brief updates to stay in touch securely with customers and colleagues any time and from anywhere;
- keep in touch with product, sales and support teams while getting work done;
- connect internal teams and development partners, suppliers and customers working on projects that span the globe;
- easily raise and discuss issues that need quick attention;
- use separate Live Blogs to work with individual clients (like a law firm) where privacy is a necessity; and
- leverage TeamPage's security, search, comment, social tagging and notification features to power Live Blogs and flag issues for follow-up action.
Traction explains that a Live Blog is an automatically updating browser window that can be shown directly on a user's desktop or mobile device such as an iPhone. Users type a brief note in the Live Blog window, and everyone with access to that Live Blog sees a new highlighted note in seconds. Live Blog notes are stored in TeamPage's hypertext journal so they can easily be tagged for follow-up; discovered in a TeamPage search; or forwarded as an automatically generated instant message, e-mail or RSS notification.