ManageEngine Updates Allow Users to Back Up and Restore Email
ManageEngine, a real-time IT management company, is launching new updates to RecoveryManager Plus, allowing users to back up and restore Exchange Online mailboxes.
Available immediately, the latest version of RecoveryManager Plus lets administrators store Exchange Online backups locally and perform point-in-time restoration for any mailbox.
Exchange Online provides extensive hold and archiving capabilities to handle compliance requirements, but it does not provide traditional backup and recovery capabilities like its on-premises counterpart.
RecoveryManager Plus fills this gap by allowing organizations to back up all mailboxes in their Office 365 tenant and store them securely within their premises. It also provides administrators the power to do one thing that Microsoft states is not in the scope of Office 365: point-in-time restoration.
With backup and restoration support for Exchange Online, administrators can use RecoveryManager Plus to:
- Back up all Exchange Online items such as emails, calendar entries, contacts, journals, notes, posts and tasks.
- Perform point-in-time, item-level restorations to overcome the native 30-day storage limit on deleted mailbox items.
- Search for any version of Exchange Online items and view a live preview before restoring them.
- Take incremental backups to drastically improve backup duration and reduce storage space.
- Schedule backups to occur during non-business hours to ensure minimal changes on mailboxes when the backup cycle runs.
In addition to the products' existing capabilities to back up and restore Active Directory objects and Exchange Online, ManageEngine plans to extend backup and restoration features to the other major services in Office 365, namely OneDrive for Business and SharePoint Online.
For more information about this news, visit www.manageengine.com.