It takes a community
eTouch SamePage has released SamePage Community Edition, a free version of its On-Premise Enterprise Edition. The SamePage Community Edition offers many of the same features found in other versions of the wiki software to enable enterprise 2.0 deployment in small and mid-sized businesses, students, research groups, small groups within enterprises and others.
With this edition, SamePage is enabling these groups to utilize the software to improve collaboration and knowledge management, including content and document management and various types of communications; and encouraging them to participate in the SamePage community with best practices, ideas and impressions about the product.
Features and benefits of the free SamePage Community Edition include:
- ability to scale and grow as the group or organization does;
- operates from within the firewall, not from the cloud, providing customer full control of the deployment;
- the same level of functionality available in the SamePage Enterprise Edition;
- Ability to upgrade to the fully supported Enterprise Edition at any time; and
- complete access to the SamePage knowledgebase, where users can discuss issues, bugs and other topics.
Community Edition clients will have access to SamePage version 4.3. Launched in June, the latest version features a Windows Explorer-like view and WebDav support, which enables users to edit attachments without explicitly downloading them. The result is a simpler environment for collaboration and document management, the company says.