Hyland releases OnBase 7
Hyland Software has released Version 7 of its OnBase enterprise content management (ECM) software suite. Included among the many new features are process modeling and business activity monitoring (BAM) capabilities to help organizations model, monitor and continuously improve document-driven business processes.
The new release includes the ability to search the OnBase repository using Microsoft Office SharePoint Search as well as several new content-enabled vertical applications for hospitals, law enforcement agencies and universities. Further, says Hyland, the new OnBase BPM Suite augments OnBase Workflow with extended capabilities to help organizations continuously improve business processes by eliminating activities that add time, cost and risk.
Key features of the BPM Suite include:
- the business process modeling tool, which provides easy-to-use, graphical modeling capabilities that allow process managers to optimally design a document-centric process; and
- business activity monitoring (BAM) portlets, which deliver real-time, dashboard views into the performance of document-driven business processes and allow process owners to identify and correct problem areas such as work overloading, stagnating work and incomplete transactions.
Other noteworthy capabilities in OnBase 7 include:
- integration for the Fujitsu fi-6000NS--a complete scanning hardware and software solution for importing documents directly into an OnBase system via the Internet,
- integration for Microsoft Search--enables OnBase-managed content to be indexed and searched directly using Microsoft Office SharePoint Search,
- field reporting for law enforcement--reduces substantially the amount of time spent by police officers and their superiors completing paper-based incident reports,
- EKG integration for GE MUSE--connects OnBase with the MUSE cardiology information system from General Electric, and
- an OnBase transcript reader--allows colleges and universities to automate the processing of incoming college transcripts.