Hummingbird announces Enterprise 2005
Hummingbird has unveiled a new generation of its ECM platform: Hummingbird Enterprise 2005. The company reports the offering has been designed to address three specific market requirements:
- the ability to manage end-to-end content life cycle processes from within Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Explorer, Lotus Notes Desktop, the Web Top and from mobile devices;
- minimize deployment complexities and reduce total cost of ownership; and
- ensure that critical business content is always traceable and auditable to mitigate risk and enable regulatory compliance and corporate governance processes.
Hummingbird explains that Microsoft Outlook users will be able to manage and organize e-mails, documents, physical records, reports, workflows, etc., from within the Outlook interface. Also the customizable business views expose all of Hummingbird Enterprise capabilities from within Outlook, including content management, records management, collaboration, workflow, search and reporting. The release also includes a new desktop search capability, which is seamlessly linked to the enterprise content management suite in a single interface, Hummingbird reports.
Other features include:
- automation of repetitive content management processes,
- enhanced e-mail management,
- improved language support for metadata and content,
- industry-specific solution templates,
- secure instant messaging on mobile devices, and
- a simplified API model for integration.