How Enterprises can Optimize SharePoint Strategies
SharePoint is undergoing major changes this year, with the arrival of SharePoint 2016 on-premise, the impending SharePoint 2019 Server, and Microsoft's rapid innovation on the Office 365 platform.
Migrating from legacy ECM or network drives to SharePoint is complex. What works and what doesn't for content migration?
KMWorld recently held a webinar with Sjoerd Alkema, head of professional services & solutions at Xillio, who discussed how to make the implementation of SharePoint a success.
The road to lean and agile content is paved with several challenges organizations are facing, according to Alkema.
These challenges include:
- How do I support these changing content service requirements from my business?
- Should I change my (content) architecture?
- Do I keep all my content?
- Which content is valuable and which not?
- What do I do with my legacy systems?
- Move all content to SharePoint? Or archive as well? Separate system?
- How do I enable Digital Transformation with all these different systems?
Xillo can help users get accustomed to SharePoint. The company promises to unchain content, keep content healthy, and understand the meaning of content.
The company’s platform offers content migration, content integration, and content enrichment.
The platform can help users gain insight to migrating and utilizing Office 365. According to Alkema, these tips and tricks are:
- Use content analysis to determine your migration strategy - it will give you even more than just that;
- Picture it as an opportunity to improve! Not just necessary evil..
- Don’t just do a lift and shift, a big risk for user adoption;
- Show impact of business rules to refine iteratively with client;
- Check the performance in first phase as input for your migration planning;
- Create the business rules generic first and deep dive per company entity for specifics;
- Consider integration to strategically enable migrations of large legacy systems;
- Involve users from the very start of the process and in every step of the way;
An archived on-demand replay of this webinar is available here.