FAST introduces consulting service
Fast Search & Transfer (FAST) has announced its Search Best Practices (SBP) consulting service. The company says FAST SBP has been designed to help clients maximize the value they extract from their investment in search technology by providing organizations with the framework to fully understand their true opportunities, and the tools to optimize their search related results and develop mechanisms to deploy, manage and continuously improve their enterprise search solution.
FAST adds that through the new service, clients exploit broad search experience in a collaborative partnership, from interviews with stakeholders, through a series of recommendations to optimize their use of search technology and prioritize existing and future projects. FAST SBP supports clients from initial concepts through deployment and expansion throughout the organization. Positive impacts to the bottom line are achieved by not only improving efficiencies, but also by enabling new business models and opportunities to drive revenues and cut costs.
FAST SBP addresses the following issues:
- organizational complexity—numerous stakeholders and interests;
- technical complexity—complex products and environments;
- high risk—strategic and significant investment;
- unclear ROI/TCO—vague or neglected cost/benefit analyses;
- converging marketplace—increasing threat from non-traditional competitors;
- changing users—lack of user understanding due to quickly changing usage patterns; and
- few benchmarks–uncertainty about typical KPIs, benchmarks and other data.
FAST SBP provides organizations with two engagement options:
FAST SBP Focus—a half-day workshop designed to help existing and prospective customers focus on the immediate goals of their search implementation.
FAST SBP Total—a multiday workshop designed as a deep knowledge transfer, helping organizations to analyze and review complex strategic questions, unique sets of functional requirements and specific technical questions.