Expert systems for Mac
Exsys has launched the Corvid Core expert system development tool for Mac, which is based on the company’s Corvid tool for Windows, but with a Mac-oriented developer interface and a lower price. Exsys says Corvid Core gives non-programmers a simple way to build interactive Web applications that capture decision-making logic and deliver it on the Web to any browser and on iPhones and iPads.
The company adds Web-enabled knowledge automation expert systems capture the problem-solving knowledge of top experts to provide online, interactive advice. Online sessions emulate a conversation with a human expert asking focused questions and producing customized recommendations and advice.
Exsys reports common applications include but are not limited to:
- regulatory and compliance requirements,
- diagnosing and repairing equipment and processes,
- Web self-service customer or technical support,
- pre-sales advice for prospects,
- configuration of complex systems,
- technical or engineering best practices,
- capturing corporate knowledge before it’s lost,
- smart questionnaires, and
- business rules made “smarter.”