Enterprise 2.0 for EMC Documentum
EMC Documentum has announced Version 6.5 of its enterprise content management suite, which, the company says, combines risk-free Enterprise 2.0 capabilities with robust enterprise content management.
EMC explains that Documentum Version 6.5 includes new features designed to deliver a rich Web 2.0 user experience and enhanced XML capabilities, while providing improved enterprise performance and scalability, federated records management as well as accelerated transactional business processes. It adds that customers will be able to leverage the appeal of newer technologies for users, improve the existing content applications already in use, and power all of these with a more scalable and secure ECM platform than ever before available.
EMC Documentum reports that key products in Version 6.5 providing a the Web 2.0 experience include:
- CenterStage Essentials, a new client for knowledge workers being released as a free online beta and featuring an easy-to-use interface along with shared team workspaces, guided search and simple Documentum access.
- Media WorkSpace, a new rich media interface that provides users a personalized, dynamic and familiar way to view, find, compare, annotate, review and share rich media assets.
- My Documentum, a new lightweight client that is completely integrated with the desktop providing users with immediate access to the latest versions of content they use most often, as well as allowing them to access and work on documents when they are not connected to the server.
- Web Publisher Page Builder, a newly designed, Flex-based Web authoring interface provides non-technical business users/authors with interactive and easy-to-use tools to create compelling Web experiences.
- TaskSpace, a highly configurable, all-in-one user "experience" that combines content, process, high-fidelity forms and monitoring to accelerate business processes and substantially increase user productivity.