Easing XML content contribution
JustSystems has introduced XMetaL Reviewer 5.5, the latest version of the company’s collaborative XML document reviewing software. The new version allows subject matter experts and others to contribute content directly to the documents under review. XMetaL Reviewer 5.5 is also said to enhance usability, connectivity, integration and administrative features.
JustSystems elaborates on new features in XMetaL Reviewer 5.5:
- transclusion support for DITA conref mechanism, which lets reviewers view content that is referenced in the document under review;
- arbitrary attachment support that lets reviewers attach supplemental or supporting files to the relevant part of the reviewed document, providing another venue for making comments that are relevant but not intended for inclusion in the document itself;
- support for XMetaL Author Enterprise connectivity to many commercial content management systems (CMS);
- SOAP interfaces that extend the XMetaL Reviewer’s ability to integrate with corporate content management systems, workflow engines and other enterprise systems;
- new installation options and enhanced administrative tools;
- document images can reside under the separate (https) server;
- domain support for Active Directory;
- e-mail services support not-authenticated mode;
- Microsoft Vista support;
- new reporting facilities; and
- infrastructural technology updates.