Customizable mobile content apps from Nuxeo
Nuxeo has unveiled Nuxeo Mobile, ready-to-use mobile apps for the Nuxeo Platform, which provides a unified software stack and ecosystem for creating integrated applications for document management, case management, digital asset management and custom content management.
Nuxeo Mobile enables developers to build their own hybrid HTML5/native applications. Based on Apache Cordova, it offers access to device-specific APIs and Nuxeo Platform APIs, to enable developers to build custom apps while also allowing code reuse between desktop and mobile devices.
Key features of Nuxeo Mobile allow users to:
- browse the Nuxeo content repository from any device (tablet or smart phone);
- preview content instantly within the Nuxeo app, without downloading;
- open documents in their favorite mobile app (such as Quickoffice or iWork), edit and save back to the Nuxeo repository;
- upload new content, such as images, image libraries and documents, from a mobile device;
- collaborate with team members by adding comments, liking and sharing content;
- bookmark documents for quick retrieval either on the desktop or on the mobile device; and
- leverage extensive REST APIs to build business-specific logic and user interfaces.