Alfresco has developed a new content collaboration product that includes iOS apps for the iPad and iPhone. Offered in a subscription-pricing model, Alfresco Team is available in server-based or cloud versions.
- site-based collaboration for multiple teams and groups, with wiki, blogs, forums, calendar and data lists;
- iPhone and iPad apps;
- secure documents/file sharing with user invites and permissions;
- user dashboards for easy navigation;
- likes, favorites, tags and comments for social collaboration;
- content activity streams to quickly alert users to what is happening with their sites and content;
- pre-built workflows such as “Review and Approve” for simple business process management;
- drag-and-drop file uploads for any file type;
- in-context previews for most common file types, including office documents, Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator files, videos, audio and images;
- shared drive (CIFS), WebDAV, CMIS and SharePoint protocol;
- simple site personalization with crisp themes and custom logo uploads; and
- support for six languages out of the box (English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Japanese).