Jive Software has introduced Clearspace X, a special edition of Clearspace for companies wanting to create productive and engaging online communities for their customers and partners. Jive reports Clearspace X unifies disparate collaboration tools into one system, uniting them in a user-friendly interface and integrated incentive system.
Jive says Clearspace X allows companies to quickly and easily create public-facing communities, enabling users to share information and ideas with each other via discussions, structured wiki documents, moderated blogs and even files (such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and PDF). Users can keep abreast of recent activity in the community through e-mail notifications, instant message alerts and RSS feeds.
Additional features include:
- customizable user interface and theme support;
- the ability to upload rich media files into blogs, wikis and forums;
- content rating system;
- reward system that provides points to users who participate;
- the ability to edit binary documents such as Word and Excel with full versioning, check in/out and approval workflow;
- threaded discussions, with workflow for questions and answers;
- support of either wiki-style markup or WYSIWYG editing for documents;
- polls and announcements;
- RSS feeds to aggregate content updates;
- participation reports;
- clustering to support high-traffic sites;
- developer-source, open architecture and easy deployment; and
- LDAP and Active Directory integration.