Bring out the BI
iDashboards has released Version 5.O of its enterprise dashboard application, which, the company says, is designed to help companies leverage their information assets in real time through visually rich, responsive and personalized business intelligence dashboards.
The latest features in iDashboards 5.0 include:
- connectivity to Excel spreadsheets--employees no longer need to e-mail Excel spreadsheets back and forth because they can view the data online, in rich presentation format;
- custom mapping--completely customizable mapping capabilities are available, as are new pre-built maps (either geographical or spatial) in the chart library;
- additional charting options--adding to its chart library of over 25 charting options, Version 5.0 now includes bubble charts, configurable speedometer dials, metrics chart with option to represent Euro symbol (€) and new transparent legends;
- customization--users can create customized presentation formats, including flow charts, images and floor plans displaying color-coded metrics;
- support for Microsoft's Analysis Services (OLAP); iDashboards 5.0 can seamlessly connect to data cubes in Microsoft's Analysis Services and visualize through animated charts within iDashboards; and
- portlets--interactive dashboards can be embedded as portlets within any JSR 168 compliant portal such as BEA WebLogic, IBM WebSphere, Jakarta Pluto and Vignette.