Automated document cleanup SDK
Accusoft has unveiled ScanFix Xpress V. 7 software development toolkit (SDK), which the company says features enhanced image cleanup and automated image processing designed for use in developing scanning, forms processing, OCR/ICR and workflow applications.
Accusoft says the new version requires less code and reduces testing time by decreasing the complexity of selecting the appropriate document cleanup settings. The company adds that developers building archive applications require less space to house their images once they are cleaned up.
New automatic operations in ScanFix Xpress include:
- adjusting brightness and contrast on color and grayscale images,
- de-speckling bitonal images,
- removal of hole punch marks on bitonal images,
- correction of inverse text and smoothing backgrounds of color and grayscale images,
- intelligent conversion to black and white, and
- cropping overscan borders.