A2iA releases TextReader
A2iA has announced that its newest SDK, A2iA TextReader, can be used for printed and cursive text recognition, enabling all types of documents to be transformed into searchable and editable formats without the use of a dictionary.
The company says A2iA TextReader does not require any customization, even for cursive handwriting. Rather than combining several OCR and ICR recognition engines, TextReader takes a new approach to full-text transcription. Users gain complete processing control over the document recognition settings and results because the engine can return both a literal transcription and data extraction from any format of information, says A2iA.
A2iA TextReader offers the following features and capabilities:
- full-text recognition based on a new approach to the market;
- language support for English, French and Arabic (additional languages in development);
- cursive recognition without a dictionary (enhanced results with a user-defined dictionary);
- extended character support, including alpha numeric capabilities; and
- support for many image formats, including JPEG, BMP, TIFF, PDF.