Lely makes troubleshooting easier for engineers in the field
Lely, which introduced automated milking machines to the dairy industry, has implemented a platform from RightAnswers to address its knowledge needs. The company had been looking for a way to centralize its knowledge and provide information to engineers in the field through mobile self-service.
Lely focuses on customer service for a variety of products and services that range from milking robots to feeding systems to grassland and stable maintenance. Consistent milking intervals are essential to maintain high milk yield and quality. Any delays in milking can hurt the product and profits of dairy farmers, so they try to minimize any downtime of milking robots due to maintenance and repair.
Arthur Marck, support tools manager for Lely, says, “Using RightAnswers, our field technicians can access information about our products very quickly and easily, enabling them to troubleshoot our customers’ systems efficiently and keep them running. This is a key function of knowledge at our company.”
RightAnswers says Lely chose its solution to manage knowledge for the following reasons:
- mobile self-service, for access to the knowledgebase in locations without Internet connectivity;
- client success program that works closely with the customer to tailor a solution to its needs; ;
- RightAnswers best practices on knowledge creation and structure; ;
- ability to limit access to information by audience (Lely initially defined 40 different audience types); ;
- ability to make knowledge available to dealers, partners and consultants to provide the best advice to their customers; and;
- integration with Lely’s existing ITSM system.